We’ve started the new year putting behind us what might have been one of the most difficult years. As we start 2021, many of us have thought of goals and accomplishments that we want to achieve this year. Whether it’s hitting the gym regularly, saving a set amount, or getting a promotion, we all have aspirations this year that will leave us in a better situation and lead to a better life. This is also a wonderful time to set some spiritual goals for yourself and a reminder to focus on growing in your Christian walk. Below are five Christian goals you can aspire for in 2021.
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. – Psalm 20:4
1. Read the Bible daily. Daily devotionals are a great way to start your morning and end your day. It is a way to ground yourself in God’s words and a daily reminder of his grace. Start the new year by making this a habit and you will find that it will easily become a natural part of your life.
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Joshua 1:8
2. Put God first. When there’s a problem, it may be easy to try and solve the problem yourself. Take a step back, breath, and bring your problems to God. You will learn to not react immediately and to first ask for God’s guidance.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. -Matthew 6:33
3. Speak to God at all times. You may be like most of us who run to God when we have a problem. Speaking to God always will remind you that he is always there. You will seek him when celebrating every accomplishment and when you feel as though you have nowhere to turn. You will realize that you should always turn to God; for answers, guidance, and peace.
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. -Psalm 145:18-19
4. Do not waver in your faith. Every day you are inundated with the easy way– to get rich, cheat the system, or get credit cards. These are all easy solutions that cause more problems. Set a plan for the life you want and ask God for guidance. Do not waver or lose faith with quick schemes.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. – Psalm 118 8
5. Live fearlessly. You may be worried about your job, the retirement money you’ve been saving, or your family’s future. You may have had difficulties recently, but this does not mean you’re going to have those challenges in the future. Have faith that your future is bright and that God will not give you more than you can handle.
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. -Hebrews 4 16
What Godly goals are you setting in 2021? Share below.